What Time Of Day ??

jupilli

I was caching yesterday late evening and when the darkness obviously changes the practices quite alot, it came in to my mind if anyone else might be interested to add the time of day info in the 'found' cache logs.

I was searhing for several micro caches in Otaniemi. It certainly was different than what one can experience on summer evenings when there is alot of light. However there were ALOT of geomuglers around and everybody were interested every time I switched the flaslight on.

Can you tell me how should it be done in dark ??

PS: I was able to find three caches !!!! ;)

I don't go caching in the darkness myself, but if I did, I would probably do this (on a geomuggle filled area):

I would drop a key somewhere in the same neighborhood with the cache. If a geomuggle should ask what I'm doing there with a flashlight, I could say I'm searching for my keys that I lost somewhere here earlier. If the geomuggle offered to help, I could accept the offer... then continue searching and after a while point to the key on the ground: "Here, found it!" ;)

Probably not the most convenient excuse on earth, but hopefully believable at least :)

I don't go caching in the darkness myself, but if I did,......

I would like to recommend it !! It may be a new experience !!! Certainly worth for trying !!

I like playing in the darkness, it is peachfull and gives me more freedom, people cannot see me if I take care of my moves and I have the control until I switch on my flashlight.

Most of the times it is also possible to hear more, I think there is less human generated noise.

This is of course true only if you do not feel unsafe in the darkness !!

...in case you won't find it yourself!

...or if you are so happy with yourself after finding the cache that you forget everything else and just leave. (Done that with my sunglasses!)

I think it would be a good idea to add the time to the logs. When I sign a logbook and notice that someone has visited the cache earlier the same day, I always wonder how long ago it was. Maybe I missed the other cacher just by minutes.