Calling A Micro A Micro

Lately I see a lot of very small micros with no size indicated. I understand that the cache owner may not see the "film can" option on the cache write up page as correctly descriptive (film can? this thing isn't one tenth the size of a film can :o !).

But if no size is indicated and then a bug gets bounced through or mislogged onto the page, hunting the cache can get really confusing B).

Okay, so this may be intentional in some cases, but mostly I think not. The cache owner expects me to read their write up ("nanoish") and not just glance at the coords and symbols. Help me out, call a micro a micro.

The cache owner expects me to read their write up ("nanoish") and not just glance at the coords and symbols. Help me out, call a micro a micro.

Isn't that why each cache gets its own page? Otherwise gc.com would just publish a database on line, (i.e.- cache ID# and coordinates). I fully expect that anyone going after one of my hides has read the page.

I often will not list the size and run travel bugs through a micro, just to make it more confusing.

Trickery, trickery, trickery...

But there are some cache pages that, while they do list "micro" as the size, give NO indication whatsoever of what size "micro" it is.

Is it the size of a quarter? A film can? An Altoid's tin?

"Container is hidden in a tree" isn't much help either, here in Indiana.

I've hunted for some that haven't been labeled "micro", and have NO cache container description, and they've turned out to be a tiny film can, hidden VERY well (or in some cases, have fallen out of the tree they were hidden in and rolled 20 feet or so. Try to find THAT in a bunch of undergrowth!)

The cache owner expects me to read their write up ("nanoish") and not just glance at the coords and symbols.

T'was intended to be humorous - though it's true we sometimes work from the GPSr going from cache to cache, reading the cache description from the PDA on an "as needed" basis.

I often will not list the size and run travel bugs through a micro, just to make it more confusing.

Hey, where it's deliberate, part of the cache design, this is fine with me. I think some cache owners don't indicate micro 'cause it's not a film can - but end up indicating nothing and making their caches more obscure than they intended. Not to mention hard to filter. Click micro then indicate smaller than a film can - nano, quark whatever