Etrex Legend And Laptop

TankerandDevious

I have boought an Etrex legend and I have a laptop

I would like to use the laptop to dump the locations to my GPS and I will take my laptop in the car along for the ride

what software should I get to use for my laptop to contain caches and the reports so that I can dump an area and then view it offline while out on the hunt

I need to make it a good mobile setup

Tanker

All you need is a premium membership (which you have), EasyGPS and MOBIPOCKET - Free Universal Reader.

Before heading out, download a PQ with a LOC file and also ebook format.

Upload the LOC with Easygps to your Legend, and read the ebook cache page information with mobipocket on your PC.

Since your GPS can't auto-navigate, MS Streets and Trips will work just as well as City Select and is cheaper. It can interface with the GPS and can plot a route to a waypoint.

A GPX file imported into GSAK will give you all the information you need, and this program will allow you to upload/download waypoints to/from your GPS, it will also allow you to export a waypoint list into many other type of file formats for use/plotting in MS Streets and Trips.

You do not nee to worry about the mobipocket stuff

GSAK, one program, will do the job. You will be able to use almost any mapping program on your laptop, but MS S&T is what I use on my laptop, and for about $25.00 at Sam's Club, it is one of the most economical options too.