Gps Time Is Off

Drew009

i have a garmin etrex resently i was looking at the time when i noticed that it was one hour off i had the GPS on auto daylight savings time but when i do it manual its right please help me thanks!!!!

There was an OS error in one version of the software that caused the DST function to not work properly. Make sure you have the most current OS for your unit.

how can you tell if its the most current OS for my GPS and what does reinitializing the unit mean could the problem be because i have my Etrex in battery save mode?

This page list the most current OS versions.

Battery saver mode shouldn't have any effect on this.

Prime Suspect , Do a google search on - UTC offset Utah. I'm confused on a couple settings of -7 or -6

Standard time zone: UTC/GMT -7 hours

Daylight saving time: +1 hour

Current time zone offset: UTC/GMT -6 hours

Edited by Elf Danach

For some reason I couldn't edit my post above, so I'll have to do a new post, I guess.

The above may not be completely true. I noticed that my Legend didn't change when DST ended. I waited for almost an hour, and it never switched back. I went into the setup and selected Off for DST, instead of Auto, and it immediately went to the correct time. Maybe it would have changed at 3:00AM, but why would it need to wait until then? Both my Palms changed, but one did it an hour early. I'm not completely certain that all programmers completely understand the DST concept. <_<

I assume the Legend is just like my Vista. It checks at midnight, so it will not adapt the time until the day after the change. At midnight, nothing has happened yet, since the change occurs at 02:00 (set to 03:00), or at 03:00 (set to 02:00). But the next day, it sees that it's one hour off.

Rather stupid implementation, but it does work, if you don't look at the clock these two Sundays, when the change actually takes place.