Gps

ladeebugg

Welcome to the fold. Nobody can tell you, it's personal choice. Everyone will tell you they either love or hate the one they have now and all the comments will totally contradict each other. There are a few threads in this forum that will help you though, suggest you work through them. Whatever you get make sure that it talks to your PC.

Im new to geocachin, what is the best, most simple, and economical GPS to get started with?

cheapest, most simple will not always satisfy for long. Garmin etrex yellow, would fit your discription, but I think the Garmin legend would be the best choice for you. A mapping unit will get you farther in the satisfaction department.

But, yes, a totally personal choice. I own niether one.

cheapest, most simple will not always satisfy for long. Garmin etrex yellow, would fit your discription, but I think the Garmin legend would be the best choice for you. A mapping unit will get you farther in the satisfaction department.

I agree with the recommendation for either the Etrex (Yellow) or the Etrex Legend. You should go to the Garmin website and do a product comparison. Obviously the Legend so going offer more but you need to decide if one or the other fits your geocaching needs.

The cheapest and simplest would be the Garmin Gecko 101. It is incredibly easy to use. The one downside is that it doesn't have a data port, so it can't hook up to your PC. So if you plan to use it for more than just ocassional geocaching, I'd get the yellow eTrex, or the Gecko 201, or even the Legend. With the Legend however you're getting mapping and other features and though it's quite easy to use, its nowhere as easy to use as the Gecko line.

Edited by briansnat