Checking Your Stats

polarbeardiggers

:D i think everyone should check their stats ,and then see if they truely add up to their current finds,i see too many times cachers log into a sight as found but really they are just leaving a note,you see their stats reflect a higher number,but their actual finds do not add up to the same numbers, these are artificially increased,i have found other cachers also logging in on the same cache more than once, one cacher has listed as 4 finds,you check their stats it too says 4,but when you click on the icon,it only shows 2 sites,people we do not need a cache police,but please play the game in the honest spirit for what it was intended for,thankyou.

Deja vu! Not sayin a thing this time :D

Except that.......I will warn PBD about the potential linch mob hiding behind their fake "finds". Be careful where you tread here PBD, some folks have a lot of pride in their bogus stats. I've already taken their wrath for mentioning this.

PJ - just west of you a few hours.

EDIT: for spelling, clumsey fingers!

Edited by Prairie Jeepin
i see too many times cachers log into a sight as found but really they are just leaving a note,you see their stats reflect a higher number,but their actual finds do not add up to the same numbers, these are artificially increased,i have found other cachers also logging in on the same cache more than once

"Notes" don't add to the cache stats, only finds (smileys). As for logging multiple finds on a single cache, well, some people do it, most don't. Sometimes it's simply a matter of them not knowing any better, other times they really are trying to artificially increase their stats. You can't legislate morality, so don't lose sleep over it. They are cheating only themselves.

In any case, it will only bother you if you feel you are in competition with them. Personally, I don't care about anybody's numbers other than my own, and even then only for personal "milestone" reasons. Accordingly, I only log a find if I find the cache and sign the logbook. If I make a second visit to a cache, I log a note. If I get to "ground zero" but fail to find a cache, I log a DNF.

Life's too short to worry about how others play the game.

i see too many times cachers log into a sight as found but really they are just leaving a note,you see their stats reflect a higher number,but their actual finds do not add up to the same numbers, these are artificially increased,i have found other cachers also logging in on the same cache more than once

"Notes" don't add to the cache stats, only finds (smileys). As for logging multiple finds on a single cache, well, some people do it, most don't. Sometimes it's simply a matter of them not knowing any better, other times they really are trying to artificially increase their stats. You can't legislate morality, so don't lose sleep over it. They are cheating only themselves.

In any case, it will only bother you if you feel you are in competition with them. Personally, I don't care about anybody's numbers other than my own, and even then only for personal "milestone" reasons. Accordingly, I only log a find if I find the cache and sign the logbook. If I make a second visit to a cache, I log a note. If I get to "ground zero" but fail to find a cache, I log a DNF.

What he said.

Also, you're sitting here saying people may have more than one find on a cache - some caches you're allowed to do that.

If you check this cache, you will see that Goldsnoop logged it twice... I used my cache for a poker run and told them that anyone that found it during the poker run who had already logged the cache could go ahead and log a second find on it.

Other cachers will move a cache or hide it differently and then let anyone who's already find it go and re-find it since it's a new hide.

Just giving you the heads up before you go off and get mad because of it.

What he said.

Agreed

i gues you guys are right no use worrying about others and their mistakes,it is a very fun hobby,i guess my main concern was for new cachers starting out and seeing people do this ,they may get the wrong idea ,and doulbe dip,thinking its the norm, i would like to take a moment and thank all the people that responded,its a dead issue now,thanks,.

Deja vu! Not sayin a thing this time :laughing:

Except that.......I will warn PBD about the potential linch mob hiding behind their fake "finds". Be careful where you tread here PBD, some folks have a lot of pride in their bogus stats. I've already taken their wrath for mentioning this.

PJ - just west of you a few hours.

EDIT: for spelling, clumsey fingers!

I hope you aren't talking about me! :blink:

:laughing: hey there guys i know its just a game and trust me i'm sorry for openning my big mouth ,i surely do need a linch mob after the polarbeardiggers,because i have only being doing this for three months now myself and still feel new at it,you love to hear about some of other peoples tricks on hiding or finding those real hard to find caches,for all the cheaters out there have fun, i will continue to play with the same gusto i always have had,fair to the number,true to the breed,may my fur always remain water proof,don't be mad at me,for any indiscretion you have made in the past and please try not to sound high and mighty by defending those who,and i say strongly those who delibrately cheat on purpose, let it go as i have, don't fool with the cool,cause the cool don't fool,.