Transatlantic Bug Swopping By Post

Weavey

I am sat here in Blighty waiting patiently for my collection of TB's to get some serious miles and traveling done ...

Could take an Eon for the one which has done 50 miles in 10 months .. lol :D

Before I release any more ... A short cut would be

If I contacted a Geo cacher in the States and then posted TB's out, for them to place and log.

Is it ethical and possible ... IF SO ANY TAKERS ... :D

Weavey

It is both ethical and possible. It's your game, play it how you want.

I just got back from Old Blighty, and I dipped a few TB's in the US before I took them over there to leave, and dipped a couple over there to bring back here to leave...thus racking up an instant kjillion bonus miles. It was less about the miles for me than nailing down a home country for the bugs before they began their travels.

It's infinitely cool for a bug to see 3,000 miles in little 30-mile hops, but that's not necessarily the point of the exercise.

You know what's also cool? The little toys and things we use to make bugs are mostly made in China these days, aren't they? So, they've done thousands of miles before you even buy them. What would I give to know all the places that little die-cast racecar or stuffed animal has been!

If you have an itch to give one a mission in the US, I'd be happy to oblige. I'm on the East coast, though. You'd get a double the kick from someone on the West coast.

I would be willing to give your bugs some miles but I am new and you would have to tell me how. I live in California. Hope to hear from you. TandGG

That would be cool if you do that for me ... Sunny California sounds an excellent starting point ...

I E mailed you details on method .... !!

Weavey