Multi-Cache Newbie Question

Quixotic Prof

I am preparing for my first cache hides. While the very first cache that I place is likely to be a traditional cache, I am also preparing to place a couple of multi-caches.

The first multi-cache that I intend to place will likely use the numerical values from up to 6 different historical markers at four different locations along a well-maintained path. (Three of the markers happen to be within 20 feet of each other.)

For this first multi-cache, the main coordinates given will be a possible parking spot. I had planned to describe each of the other four coordinates in the cache description. A formula for determining the final cache location will also be provided. From my limited experience in finding multi-caches, this plan seems common enough.

For the second multi-cache, I wanted to make use of a broader set of clues. I intend to prepare three Clue Cards, that, when joined together will reveal things like the final coordinates, a map, a photo, and other descriptive clues. These clue cards would need to be picked up from three separate mini-caches or clue-card only caches. (Or, so I have gathered. I was intending to print 20 sets of these clue cards and have them laminated. Players would theoretically pick up clue cards then return them in the final cache location so that I could re-place them.) The location for this second multi-cache is roughly along the same trail as the first multi-cache.

Question: Would it be considered 'legal' for me to make one of the locations for these necessary clue cards the final cache location of my first multi-cache? In other words, can I hide clue information for a new cache within an existing cache? Yes, I realize that the game would become much more challenging. But, since other aspects of this cache (such as terrain, distance and location) are pretty easy, I was thinking it appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

qp

Go for it. There is a cache in Washington that requires you to go to a series of caches to get numbers to a lock on another cache and you have to complete the whole series to get the coordinates to yet another cache. It's something like 15 in total. I have one that has coordinates to a bonus cache in it.

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

These sound like well-planned multicaches... go for it!

On Sunday, I spent three very long hours finding a new multicache called "Heart Attack at Sunrise" that used a series of laminated decoder cards at each stage, plus a clue card that had to be dropped off at the final stage. So long as your instructions are clear, this method should work fine.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.