Unable To Send New Maps To Garmin 60c

OzarksJim

Hey everyone.

Ok, I'm going on a trip in the near future so I want to update my City Select v6 maps on my Garmin 60C. I've never had a problem in the past sending maps to the 60C.

I've highlighted the maps I want to send to the unit, but when I go up to "Transfer", "Send to Device" is grayed-out so I'm unable to transfer the maps.

First question: Why is this? I was thinking maybe it's because there isn't enough room on the unit because I do have other maps on there.

So, that led me to trying to figure out how the heck to get existing maps off of the 60C. I cannot find anything in the Mapsource Help file that tells me this, or anything on the forums.

Second question: How the heck do I get existing maps off the 60C?

Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciate because I'm feeling pretty dumb at the moment.

Thanks!

Jim

I've highlighted the maps I want to send to the unit, but when I go up to "Transfer", "Send to Device" is grayed-out so I'm unable to transfer the maps.

If the device is greyed out, MapSource probably can't see the device on the USB or there's a problem with it. You could try turning off the unit and then back on and see if MapSource sees the device. Also try plugging/unplugging the USB cable on both the GPS end and the PC end. Make sure you're running MapSource v6.3. If not, you can find it on Garmin's website and it's a free download.

First question: Why is this? I was thinking maybe it's because there isn't enough room on the unit because I do have other maps on there.

So, that led me to trying to figure out how the heck to get existing maps off of the 60C. I cannot find anything in the Mapsource Help file that tells me this, or anything on the forums.

When you upload a new mapset to the GPS, all mapsets in the unit are erased, then replaced with the new mapset. You can't manually delete mapsets on the GPS since MapSource does this for you at upload time.

Edited by SergZak
Hey everyone.

Ok, I'm going on a trip in the near future so I want to update my City Select v6 maps on my Garmin 60C. I've never had a problem in the past sending maps to the 60C.

Any other tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciate because I'm feeling pretty dumb at the moment.

Thanks!

Jim

The existing maps on your 60c(s) will be deleted automatically before the new ones are loaded.

You wouldn't happen to have GPS tracking turned on do you? That has to be off before you can send to the unit.