Unarchive

Geo Twins

We have sent in about 4 email requests to have a cache unarchived that was archived over a year ago and we found the cache still in place the former owner has never email back back to us. Groundspeak change the profile of this cache over to us (Geo Twins)When we asked to adopt this old cache. We are unable to edit this cache with Unarchiving it first.

We need to keep all past Geocachers that have found this cache listed on it. Waypoint (GC174)

THanks

Geo Twins

The quickest way to get your cache un-archived would probably be to email an approver (who did you email?). Just send them a note explaining whats going on. If you own the cache just log in and go to the cache page and scroll down to the bottom, there should be a link to the person that orignally approved the cache.

Odd cache, however.

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Twins:

We have sent in about 4 email requests to have a cache unarchived that was archived over a year ago and we found the cache still in place the former owner has never email back back to us. Groundspeak change the profile of this cache over to us (Geo Twins)When we asked to adopt this old cache. We are unable to edit this cache with Unarchiving it first.

We need to keep all past Geocachers that have found this cache listed on it. Waypoint (GC174)

THanks

Geo Twins

Just an observation:

Why even have archived caches viewable? You can't download them in a query...I asked about that recently and the answer I got was....."pfft"...well, not literally, but that's the gist.

So why have them? You can view them if you click on the them BUT NO VIEWING VIA A QUERY!...no, no, that's a no no.

Archived caches are a complete mystery to me. Kind of like the Dolphins who have all the talent in the world and never do squat. - JamesJM

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

The quickest way to get your cache un-archived would probably be to email an approver (who did you email?). Just send them a note explaining whats going on. If you own the cache just log in and go to the cache page and scroll down to the bottom, there should be a link to the person that orignally approved the cache.

Approver's email links are hit & miss. Many pages don't have them.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

quote:
Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

Approver's email links are hit & miss. Many pages don't have them.

Oh... why is that?

James, archived caches are sometimes helpful in figuring out problem areas, if all past caches have been trashed by accidental finders, then you would know to hind any new caches very well, for example.

quote:
Originally posted by JamesJM:

Archived caches are a complete mystery to me. Kind of like the Dolphins who have all the talent in the world and never do squat.

Well.. Dolphins don't get stressed, never have to rush to the office, and basically eat and then do whatever they want... wish I could do that!

Not sure on archived caches.. there's an option now to stop them being viewed. I think event caches could be a good case for allowing them to be viewed though. Another can be set at the same location, people who were there last time can be asked for help setting caches... etc, etc...

Cheers,

Emily & Neil

The welfare of the forest and it's wildlife must come before the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Twins:

We have sent in about 4 email requests <snip> Groundspeak change the profile of this cache over to us (Geo Twins)

I've unarchived it so that you can edit it to the correct information, but I've also "unapproved" it (otherwise you wouldn't be able to fix the coordinates). Edit it to the correct coordinates and type (I think you should be able to change that now as well).

When it's ready for approval, click to enable the cache, and it will pop into the approval queue. I'll notify the local approver to keep an eye out for it, and push it through the process as quickly as possible.