Gpsmap 60cps

TandGG

The "memory" I assume you mean is the map memory which utilizes the 56MB of memory you have in your unit.

There's no real reason to know how much is left because each time you send map data to it, it wipes what was there and replaces the 56MB of map data with whatever you just sent.

I'll assume you're using MapSource to send mapping data, so look on the map tab in MapSource to see how much space your maps take. What's left is really irrelevant because the next time you send map data, how much space is used is based on what you send.

Waypoints are cumulative, so you'd need to delete them if you're approaching the max.

And, if it still doesn't make sense, open MapSource, connect your computer to the GPS and have it receive the maps from the unit. Subtract the amount of space shown as used on the map tab from 56 and that's how much is left... for whatever that does for you.

And if you're looking for the memory indicator which shows how much memory is used for waypoints/tracks, this is not to be found on the new Garmin color units.

I don't think either of those items (waypoints or tracks) are based on memory. They are based on absolute values (# of waypoints that can be loaded) and number of points in each track (though you can see a % of the current track).

Those items are separate from the 56MB you care about for maps, so whether you have 1 waypoint loaded or 500, your 56MB number is not effected.

I think the memory meter used on the older Garmin non-color units was confusing people and was misleading. Even though it had nothing to do with showing the memory used for maps, people still got the impression that it did. Maybe that's why Garmin chose to eliminate the meter from their newest GPS units.