Cache Search: Found Indicator

blahginger

I am sure that this must have been requested but I thought I would mention it in case it has not. When searching for a cahce on the site: A recent feature was added that shows you (with a big checkmark) the caches that you have already found. I think it would be very helpfull to also show some sort of indicator for caches that you have made an entry for "not found" or even just made a note. When you are not familiar with an area it would be nice to know where you have been before so that you can plan your caching accordingly

Well, I guess if 3yrs is recent, the check mark is recent :rolleyes:

It's been there as long as I can remember.

Joking aside, I do like this idea if it doesn't add much strain to the database. Maybe instead of a check, it could display an icon of each type of log you've posted? (smiley, frownie, note, etc) That might get a little cluttered on a few caches, but most people only have 1-2 log types to a cache. I initially thought just show the last log type, but that would be confusing if you log a note or SBA after your find.

well, you can look at all caches and how you've logged (posted note, couldn't find, found, etc) on your cache page. that's how i always look for caches and bugs i've already noted but not necessarily found. for instance, i left a note on a cache that a bug of mine was in, but it's far away from me so i just look on the "all logs for caches" part and up it pops! that's all i need; i don't know about you. i leave notes for a variety of reasons, so i don't know if it would help to tell me what caches i've logged and for what reason i've logged it.

april

I guess maybe it has been there all along, but the new icon makes it stand out more. Anyway, Looking at my cache history and looking for new caches in an area requires jumping between two pages...not terribkly convenient. When I look for caches to load I start with a zip code or something and then would like to see which ones I have attempted or noted from there. This would be useful for me to note trigger a memory of "oh yeah..I want to try that one again," or "oh yeah, that was crap, not going there" Having the search results list give a "fuller" account of your cache history would be more useful for me.