Visit London

Ingma

By this post I hope for your help to plan a perfect weekend in London for four norwegian geocachers. Two of us live temporaily in Cental London and two of us are visiting to celebrate our 5th weddingday. We have been to London before, and have seen most of the typical tourist parks and churches - this time we want to see the really special places. English pubs are requested by part of the team....

Any suggestions from you living in London?

Thank you!

IngMa, Oslo, Norway

Edited by Ingma

Hi Belplasca.

We will be coming the weekend of 16th October.

For ME that would be a great thing, but for my fellow cachers I believe that that would be too much.

What we would like is help to pick out a few, but special non-tourist caches - interesting places that we never would see if it wasn't for the caches.

But thank you for the thought and offer

IngMa

Where in London will you be staying? How will you be travelling around? Do we have to keep you near bus routes, train stations etc or will you have a car?

I live at the very north of London, I prefer the caches in the forests and fields rather than the more urban ones.

My guess would be that you are using public transport and would prefer the caches in the city. But if you had a car and would like to get to the more countryside type at the edge I could give you a list of nice ones near me.

I totally agree with you - usually I would prefer forests, mountains and nature caches. Outdoor activities is and has allways been my favourite activities.

But this time we are planning an "urban weekend". We will stay in the city-centre and use public transport.

Next time, with more time, we would love to have the list of more countryside type caches.

IngMa