Afraid My Tb Was Lost To Hurricane Ivan

aprilbapryll

one of my tb's, Wind & Ocean was placed in a cache on Destin Beach last month, and then came Hurricane Ivan. I am curious about whether or not the cache survived, and also whether or not Wind & Ocean are still there or if they've been swept to sea. I don't know if i should contact the cache owner because i don't know what kind of situation he is in, but i've been watching to see if he's logged onto the site recently and as far as i've noticed, he hasn't. should i email him or leave well enough alone for the time being? I don't know the ettiquette, because though we got Frances in Tampa, it wasn't too bad and they got it pretty bad there (though i don't know how bad). The cache is too far away for me to visit myself. Any ideas?

Edited by aprilbapryll

I've been searching through some Florida caching association forums, to see if there is any talk of Ivan. It's pretty quiet, a few people posting. A lot of folks are without power so cannot get any e-mail. Here is a thread from the NEFGA and you'll see the last post is from 9/14/04, so I think they have more to do right now. I would wait this one out. They have enough to worry about.

i actually searched the people that had found the cache before and came up with a few people currently active on the site (visiting yesterday and today), so i emailed one who seemed to have used the cache as a tb trading post before. i tried to be as tactful and nice as possible, explaining that i didn't want to email the cache owner because i didn't know the extent of any damage up there yet and was just curious ... anyhow, i hope everything works out and i hope everyone is safe!

april

E-mailing someone that you see has been on the site is probably a good thing to do. Being tactful is, of course, a big help too. As long as your e-mail sounds like your post I'm sure you'll be fine. IF someone is offended they are probably WAY stressed and you can provide a service by allowing them to blow up at you and relieve some of that stress :laughing: