Found A Geocoin

tonydenson

On a Geotrail this weekend in the English Lake District I acquired a "Geocoin" from one of the caches. Two questions -

1. The information with it told me to log it on this site, but I can't see how to do that (the coin has a number on it)

2. I have to move it to a site that is not one which is rarely visited. I am going to Kilimanjaro next week and could leave it in one of the geocaches there. However they only seem to be visited about every 3 weeks. Would this count as rarely visited or would the novelty value outweigh the frequency ?

1. If it's a USA Geocoin just log it like a TB. If not you'll have to look for the website where the coin can be tracked

2. Ask the Owner - if it's a trackable coin you'll find him

Sorry, you're going too fast for me here. How do I look for the website where it can be tracked, or how do I find the owner

Sorry, but please remember I'm a newbie. I went to that site but still can't see how I log it since there's no mention of my coin (which incidentally is a USA one).

In the upper righthand corner you should see the text "Enter the tracking number or TB number below" Enter the number on the coin in that box. I know, its confusing. They need to change the page to mention geocoins also.

I vote for taking it to Kilamanjaro ;) I'd love it if one of my coins made it up there (hmmm....sounds like an interesting goal too). The only caveat I'd add: if it looks like there are lots of posts on the cache getting muggled frequently, I'd have some second thoughts about leaving it. Logging it in and out of the cache and just hanging on to it to a more frequently visited cache is also something you could do.

Have fun, and watch out for the altitude sickness :unsure:

have some second thoughts about leaving it. Logging it in and out of the cache and just hanging on to it to a more

Have fun, and watch out for the altitude sickness ;)

Sounds like a good plan, probably do that.

I've been before but my wife hasn't made it to the top so we're having another crack at it.