This One Always Gets Me

Riddlers

I gave my father a TB for father's day and have been tracking its travels. Today it moved and I went to the cache it had moved to. It was a travel bug hotel. The names have been blanked out to protect the individuals. The log under the one dropping the tb off that I was watching said the following:

September 15 by ------ (105 found)

My Poppa and I came by this evening to swap TBs. I found 11 TBs in the cache (including the one Poppa left), and logged finds of them all, but left them in the cache.[view this log on a separate page]

September 15 by ------- (395 found)

Dropped by this evening at 6:35 PM with son to exchange a Travel Bug. I took "-----" and left "--------!".

I guess, swapping out a tb or two never seemed really wrong, and I know it isn't about the numbers but to sit there and write down all the numbers just so that you could log 11 tb's including one that your father had just brought seems wrong to me in some way. I know, I know, it isn't about the numbers, but to this person of 105 finds, it must be about the numbers. Just needed to sound off, all better now. Thanks.

And that's why I keep track of TB miles: the total miles I moved TBs. Unfortunately its not a GC feature, so I am doing it manually with cut&paste into a spread sheet.

Also, at all events I have attended so far a "only log what you brought/take" policy was used. Just yesterday at GHAGAFAP III - Third Time Lucky

there were 100+ bugs - imagine all the 100+ cachers attending would log them all...

At this point a big "Thank you" to Team Bean Burrito. They provided a nice TB exchange board and kept track of all TBs at the event to make sure none gets lost.

Olaf

What's the big problem? TBs aren't fringe benefits for cachers, they are travelling objects that hike from cache to chache with cachers. Two things are important, that they move towards their goal and that their movements are logged so you can see where they are and where they have been. As long as this is fulfilled, I don't mind what people do with logs. To retrieve a lot of bugs you haven't taken and then drop them again in the same cache may be dumb, but it does no harm (except taking server space).