Gc.com And How Its Run

Rogue_monkey

yup yet another thread about complaining about complaining.

but seriously, lets stop wining about how gc.com is run. if you like it use it. if you don't then don't.

lets get back to talking about the fun parts of caching, helping others with gps units, newbie questions, cache containers and out adventuers.

thats what makes caching caching, who cares if you cache takes a day or two to get approved, it will, give it time everyone has a live outside of caching (I think :blink: )

if you don't like it take your ball and go home, for the rest continue helping others out and sharing stories your doing a great job. i know many of you have helped me out before and I thank you and the moderaters and approvers as well.

cheers HAPPY hunting

lets get back to talking about the fun parts of caching, helping others with gps units, newbie questions, cache containers and out adventuers.

Actually, I'm not sure whether or not you capitalize is about grammar, or spelling. Seems more punctuation related to me.

Anyhoo, on a more topic appropriate note, talking about the "fun parts of caching," spcifically "helping others with GPS units" and "newbie questions" have their own sections on the forums. So, with regard to those topics, maybe it will be more fun for you over there.

Now, with regard to the "whining about how gc.com is run," I think there are valid concerns about the operation of the site, and it is the right, nay, the duty of the citizens of this site to raise such concerns. I'd even go so far as to argue that the raising of such concerns IMPROVE a site such as gc.com.

I think I'd rather people work too much towards improvement, than too little.

Of course, there is always a line to be drawn, and some people will always cross it.

In closing, I say this:

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do... is ignore them - because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world...are the ones who do.

I don't know how that's relevant... but I like it!

Pan

P.S. Rogue Monkey... you don't seem so rogue. Did you mean to put ROUGE Monkey? Are they testing cosmetics on you?!?! :rolleyes::rolleyes::laughing:

P.P.S. :rolleyes:

Edited by Pantalaimon
Anyhoo, on a more topic appropriate note, talking about the "fun parts of caching," spcifically "helping others with GPS units" and "newbie questions" have their own sections on the forums.  So, with regard to those topics, maybe it will be more fun for you over there.

Now, with regard to the "whining about how gc.com is run," I think there are valid concerns about the operation of the site, and it is the right, nay, the duty of the citizens of this site to raise such concerns.  I'd even go so far as to argue that the raising of such concerns IMPROVE a site such as gc.com. 

There is a forum for that as well, called "geocaching.com web site" Constructive criticism is always welcome there.

In closing, I say this:

Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do... is ignore them - because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world...are the ones who do.

I don't know how that's relevant... but I like it!

Pan

There will always be people that follow the crowd. These people enjoy security and depend upon others to provide such.

Then there are the people you talk about, the misfits, the rebels, and what some preceive as trouble makers. However these people also fit into two groups, those that rebel to bring good, and those that rebel for personal gain.

The first group tend to be leaders that change the world and the lives of others for the better. They rebel against the system for the good of man. Such people are the founding fathers of this country.

The second group tend to be bullies, self pleasing, and dictators. The only goal they have in life is to make the world suit them. They totally disregard the overall well being of others in search of their own self satisfaction. Hitler was probably the most well known of this type.

El Diablo

Today does seem to be particularly angst ridden for some reason. I appreciate the sentiments behind Rogue Monkey's statements. At the same time, I figure people should be free to complain to the extent that it is within the forum guidelines/rules. At times I read complaints that lead to useful conversations. Other times it turns into an overblown, name-calling angst fest. The nice thing is that I can choose whether to read it or not. So once the angst gets to levels where the participants are behaving rudely, are incoherent, or are simply repeating themselves over and over, I can simply choose to quit responding in the thread (if I ever did to begin with) or no longer view the thread. Some topics, such a micro and virtual complaints, I generally no longer even read to begin with. I find that keeps me happy. Once in awhile though I get great amusment from the complaint threads. Watching train wrecks can be fun under certain circumstances.

Basically, the best way to get away from the complaints if they get to you is to not read them and to participate in threads that are less volitile.

i'm not here to pick a fight with a fellow Ontario cacher, but you should get out and cache more instead of worrying about my grammer

Rightio so here's my reply:

lets get back to talking about the fun parts of caching, helping others with gps units...
if you don't like it take your ball and go home

BTW what did you win?

Thorin

Edited by thorin