Picking On The Admin

planetrobert

I thank the moderators here for their help in answering question or pinting us all in the right direction.

I also thank all the approvers, even those i haven't dealt with yet, for their hard work and dedication to this sport/game/whateveryoucallit.

Sometimes they take a lot of crap for doing their job. Before you go out and 'verbally' beat up one of these people stop and remember that they ARE POEPLE TOO. They make mistakes, they have feelings, they are just like you and me. I am sure everybody who reads this has disagreed at some point at some level with a mods actions or statements, that doesn't mean you all have had to be an (self moderation) about it.

Remember they are helping make this game and site possible.

Look, people screw up and when they do, they need to take their medicine. COAdmin was rude in the forum topic regarding the cost of upgrading the service (at least in a number of people's opinion).

It was a polite question aimed at trying to help improve the service which has been noticeably slower on Sunday nights for some time. Whether it was phrased correctly is not the point. Nor was the point to note that the historic slowness on Sundays hasn't been noted for a couple of weeks.

If I smart off at a fellow poster, I can get suspended from the forums as could anyone. That's fine. Forums that aren't like that tend to be degraded pretty quickly. COAdmin's original reply was out of line and instead of owning up to it, he dug himself in deeper.

There is no reason to not hold people to a standard of behavior, regardless of their role here.

I have not read the referrenced thread, but I agree with general spirit of BRM's post. All posters should be held accountable. In my opinion, mods should be held to a higher standard as they represent Groundspeak and wield some amount of power.

Darn, I forgot the off-topic wisecrack that I had planned to make in my reply. It will come to me. :rolleyes: