Delete From Cachemate Import File Converter?

uraca

Is there some way to eliminate caches from the Cachemate file converter. Have received pq and can see some caches I do not want to convert and/or down load to pda. Is there some way to delete items from this list so only have to convert and download a short list?

I asked about this in the Beginners forum and was given idea that the pq could first be given to GSAK for this kind of editing and then the result given to Cachemate. Would like to skip having to filter through GSAK if possible. If not will do it.

Thanks.

No, CMConverft just converts the gpx file to Cachemate for Palm. It doesn't do sorting, filtering, or anything else. Get GSAK. It's free (donation suggested) and it works. You really need it. From GSAK, after you've done your filtering, you click one icon and the Cachemate file is generated. I have it go directly to my SD card in my card reader, so there is no hotsyncing required. I just put the card in the Palm, run Cachemate, and Cachemate imports the new file.

Uraca - In CMConvert, whilst you can't select the caches that you want to delete, you CAN select only the caches that you want to keep (thereby deleting the ones that you don't want). Cmconvert on the command-line has relatively good filtering abilities (GSAK uses cmconvert to do its conversions too) and the last time I tried the windows GUI there seemed to be access to most of the filtering options there too. The makers of cachemate (Smittyware) have a forum on their website which is probably a better place than here to get the answers that you want.

JeremyA

Thanks for both of the two above. Had use the quick guide to Cachemate and blindly followed the steps which work well for general use. Looks like I can do exactly what I want by just selecting the caches I want to have loaded. Very useful tip.