Cachemate

TeamKingUK

Specifically, I want to add some LBs to Cachemate. I assume I can only enter them manually. So, I was wondering if I copied them to Word or some other word processor if I could convert that without having to re-type everything direct to Cachemate.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

TeamKing

What are LBs?

LB = letterboxes letterboxing.org

I imported some waypoints into Cachemate using a memo template off of the Cachemate website a looonnng time ago.

<insert cache name here>

<insert waypoint name here>

<insert coordinates here>

Terr: <insert terrain rating>

Diff: <insert difficulty rating>

Desc:

<insert description text>

Hints:

<insert hint text>

You can also create a .GPX file (like EasyGps or something) and then convert it into Cachemate.

Now as for help on how to do it I don't really know but there is a support forum at smittyware.com and maybe you'll get more answers at the GPS Units and Software discussion.

From the CacheMate website at Smittyware:

MemoPad Import/Export

From the cache list view, you may import information from a specially-formatted MemoPad record by selecting Import Record from the list view Record menu. A list of visible memo records will be displayed for selection. Memo import is currently disabled for Palm OS Cobalt devices, due to compatibility issues.

The memo format for importing consists of the cache name, waypont name, and coordinates on the first 3 lines, followed by sections for the cache description and hints. The description and hints sections are both optional, and must be preceded by lines reading "Desc:" and "Hints:", respectively. Between the first 3 lines and the description/hints sections, terrain and difficulty ratings may be optionally included, on lines starting with "Terr: " and "Diff: ", respectively. A template demonstrating this format is in the included file MemoTemplate.txt.

There is an option in the Preferences dialog for automatically deleting memos that are imported. If this option is not enabled, memo records that are imported are left in the Memopad database.

Cache information and logs are exported separately, using the Export Record and Export Log options in the record view Record menu. The exported information is in the same format used for importing, but the description and hint text will be in separate memo records if they are both specified. Exported logs contain all of the information displayed in the Log section of the record view.

From the list view, cache logs for all records in the current category may be exported using the Export Logs option of the Record menu. Caches for which there is no hunt date set will be skipped.