Mapsource Us Tides Software

Neo_Geo

It has been established that this works on the 60 series GPSrs (see THIS POST). :lol:

If you CLICK HERE, you will be whisked away to Garmin's "GPSMAP 168 Sounder" Web page. There you will see a box labeled "Download Recommended MapSource US Tides Software". If you click on the link, you can download a program which installs a new MapSource product in your MapSource. If you load those maps into a GPSMAP 60C/S, you will have tide prediction capabilities! The map data takes less than 1MB of memory for the entire US.

I tried this on a B&W Legend, and it didn't work. It didn't do any harm to the unit, it just simply didn't work.

Since the Legend C and Vista C are so much like the 60 series, will the US Tides Software work on the new color eTrexes??? :unsure:

Anyone willing to try? :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo

Also,

If you look at this review for the 60C(S) on Joe & Jack's GPS Information website you will see that there is a section titled "Tide Tables":

Garmin's GPS-60C Color Mapping GPS Receiver with AUTOMATIC Address to Address Routing

In there is a link to a specific set of tide tables that is known to work with the 60C(S) and the 76C(S). I can confirm that they also work with the Legend C and the Vista C as well (i.e. there's no need to use the firmware for the GPSMAP 168 Sounder when you can use this link to download just the tide tables for the units.

I hope this helps some...

Just to clarify my original post, I was linking to the page where the same file can be found (which happens to be the "GPSMAP 168 Sounder" product page).

If you follow my instructions, the link under "Download Recommended MapSource US Tides Software" will download the same file. I didn't say anything about firmware for the GPSMAP 168 Sounder.

I prefer not to link directly to files like that - people may get scared that you're linking them to malicious code. I prefer to show them to the file download link so they can see for themselves what they're going to download. :unsure:

And thanks for showing that it does indeed work!!! :lol:

Edited by Neo_Geo