Tb Question And Idea

wiredcur

First... the easy question. Is there a way to search the TB database for the purpose of finding if others have implemented a similar idea? I was trying to find out if anybody had tried my idea yet but was stumped on how to search the TB dB. Is it possible?

Anyway... on to the idea. Way back in 1986 (i think) the US National Park Service created a National Park Passport. It's a very nice booklet and map that has places for cancellation stamps. The stamps are simple round stamps stating the name of the Park/Site/Trail/etc and the date. My friend and I were thinking that this would be an awesome idea for a TB. Granted, caches aren't allowed in National Parks (from what I remember) but that shouldn't stop the hearty cacher from visiting a cache or two and a national landmark as well. The goal being to get a cancellation stamp from every National Park.

Anyone done this already?

Thanks

Tim

First... the easy question. Is there a way to search the TB database for the purpose of finding if others have implemented a similar idea? I was trying to find out if anybody had tried my idea yet but was stumped on how to search the TB dB. Is it possible?

Tim:

Yes, it is possible to perform a search like you're describing. From the main web page select "Track Travel Bugs". When that page loads click on "Advanced Search" and your first option is to search the name, mission and description fields.

The only problem I see with this search feature is that it finds too many records. For example searching for "National Park Passport" (without the quotes) returned 2254 matches :lol:

Zack