Logging A Find?

cachmann

I found my first two caches on 8-21-04. I've tried to log-in the finds and they get rejected. The message says "There were errors in your message" please post again. I've reposted a half dozen times with the same error message! what am I doing wrong??? :blink:

Edited by cachmann

Is there anything else that is says with that error message?

The two most common problems I get are (A) I forget to log in first and (:blink: I forget to select "Found it" in the little drop down menu above the date.

I am not sure about geocaching.com, but some web serves dont accept special characters like "%&@, etc, etc. Try also logging without those. That might help.

Is there anything else that is says with that error message?

The two most common problems I get are (A) I forget to log in first and (:blink: I forget to select "Found it" in the little drop down menu above the date.

I am not sure about geocaching.com, but some web serves dont accept special characters like "%&@, etc, etc. Try also logging without those. That might help.

Good show nappy -

DUH! I get logged in automatically so I forget about that -

Cachmann - yes - don't forget to make sure you are looged in.

This forum is a little different in that light - most won't let you do anything - this one lets you try - and then you get an error - trouble is it sometimes does not say you are not logged in.

My guess is that the website was having problems. At 4 this a.m. I couldn't even log on. If you forgot to log on, it would tell you that, I think. Forgetting to select "found it" is about the only possible mistake, and not likely the problem. But I do know that over the weekend we had a lot of frustrations do to faulty equiptment or something.

It may be that your acct. needs to be validated. After you register, you'll be sent a series of numbers and letters to validate your acct. Did you do this? If not maybe that's the reason for the errors.

Try to e-mail other cachers by going to their profile page. If your acct. is not validated, you'll get an error message that states your acct needs validation.

If you never got your validation code. Go to our profile page and edit it. Change something and you will be sent a new validation code. Then you'll be set.