Tracking People For Medical Reasons

HoundGrrls

I am on various service dog forums and someone was inquiring about putting a "GPS" device on a child who had medical reasons for needing to be found (details not too important other than kid is old enough to go off but too young to not require adults). The parent is trying to use a tracking devise in lieu of a sharp eye on this sick child. The child recently had an episode and hid in a shopping mall.

The kid wearing a "Geko 201" won't help of course. The kid wearing the device meant for pets won't help if the child is indoors, right? (http://www.gpstracks.com/ this company says don't use on kids or elderly but I imagine for liability reasons) Am I missing something major here? Would there be a device that could be used?

Now if it should be used is separate (they have many unrealistic ideas).

If you want to chat about "big brother" or parenting fine, but I would really like to hear about those who know about the technology here.

Thanks,

HoundGrrls (well only one of us can type, so it would be HoundGrrl)

Another alternative would be to strap a car battery on his/her back and install Lojack on the kid... :o:lol:

It only requires the police to send a signal and boom, they know where they are.

It might not be practical though...

You might consider the type of thing they use for house arrest people - an ankle bracelet that gets activated outside the receiver range and transmits it's location...

Seriously, either company (Lojack or the house arrest people) might have either products more specific to your need, or could point you to a company that can meet your needs.