Cd With Travel Bug: Go/no-go?

Nebula 3

Hi all,

I'm new to Geocaching but I want to send out a bug. I have an instrumental surf band with two CDs out, and I want to tape the bug to the inside of the jewel case of a copy of one of our albums with a note saying "listen to it, copy it, but keep it moving".

Is this crossing too far over the "shameless self promotion" line?

Thanks!

-Nebula 3-

www.thenebulas.com

Maybe Go, Maybe Go, Go, You Go

Welcome to Geocaching and the wonderful yet trying world of Travel Bug Ownership.

PRACTICAL (Engineering) – MAYBE GO

A CD as a Travel Bug has a good chance of getting broken or destroyed, but I am sure you where thinking of a protector of some sort. Before I sent out some travel bugs and geocoins with instructional tags. I subjected them to some tests in dropping, cramming in backpacks and throwing them in the back of the car as you race home to log your find, all things that could possibly happen to a Travel Bug.

COMMERCIAL – MAYBE GO

There are big no-no-no-go rules about caches being commercial but there is definitely no rules about travel bugs being commercial or if there are they have been re-writing for this latest promotion. The Yellow Jeep Travel Bug promotion is sponsored by Jeep and some commercial websites, including Geocaching.com. You will get some flack and it might actually bring the wrath of the TPTB who are justified(?) about commercial promotion on their website and bandwidth. But then again it is OK to put a little by-line in about a business, that is if it pertains to geocaching, say in your sig line or in the GPS Garage Sale Forum.

ARTISTIC – GO

(Fun, Carefree, Genuine need to share your expressions as a human)

Sure why not, it is something you created and you want to share it with other people. You are not demanding people buy anything and it has nothing to do with the numbers, just a fun creation that you love to share.

FINAL – YOU GO

The choice to start a TB is yours, the goal and what the item "traveler" is yours, how much emotional or monetary risk you are willing to put up with is yours. So I say go for it and see what happens.

PS: I know you wanted a short answer, but I am on vacation waiting for Fall Semester to start up again and I have way to much time on my hands. Plus I am getting ready to be all analytical and junk.

EDIT: Because I can

Edited by MRCOGEO