Type Of Caches

Team Cache-away

Why is it, that when I search for a cache or when I am e-mailed with new caches they are listed as regular or multi, but when I open the cache page it is an annoying micro?. Is there not some other way of listing these caches?. I am sure that some people may well be interested in micros, not sure why though. Many people are not interested in micros, so why not put them into a separate category?

Why is it, that when I search for a cache or when I am e-mailed with new caches they are listed as regular or multi, but when I open the cache page it is an annoying micro?. Is there not some other way of listing these caches?. I am sure that some people may well be interested in micros, not sure why though. Many people are not interested in micros, so why not put them into a separate category?

At least that's not as annoying as downloading the coordinates for a traditional only to find out after you've wasted an hour or so that it's a multi.

You can use pocket queries to sort out the micros, but until the reviewers stop approving mis-labelled caches we're stuck with them. At least I think you can do a PQ to filter the micros; I get nothing but "timeout expired" when I try to access 'my cache page' to run a PQ.

You figure if the timeout has expired that the game is back on? :D

A Micro is a cache size and not a cache type, it would be difficult to categorize since a Micro cache can be a Traditional, Multi or Puzzle cache.

I also think this question is better asked in the Geocaching.com Web Site Forum if you are asking for a change on the format of the weekly email.

If there are mis-labeled caches, contact your local cache reviewer or send an email to the contact address. We do try to ensure the cache is in the proper category type before listing, some might be missed and others might have been changed after the cache was listed.

A Micro is a cache size and not a cache type, it would be difficult to categorize since a Micro cache can be a Traditional, Multi or Puzzle cache.

I also think this question is better asked in the Geocaching.com Web Site Forum if you are asking for a change on the format of the weekly email.

If there are mis-labeled caches, contact your local cache reviewer or send an email to the contact address.  We do try to ensure the cache is in the proper category type before listing, some might be missed and others might have been changed after the cache was listed.

What I'd like to see is a cache size icon beside the cache type icon. Eg, a film canister icon beside a traditional would indicate that the cache is a micro. For multi's, the icon would refer to the final cache and not any intermediate caches. I would mention this in the geocaching.com forum but they really don't like me and my posts (if they get past the censoring process) sometimes take days to get posted.

I went on a tear a couple of weeks ago and sent contact@ a list of mis-labelled multi caches. I've stopped doing that now because it's a rather futile endeavour. There's always one or two in the new caches list and I really don't want to be the cache police.

Thanks Cache Tech, I will try the other forum. I quess what I really meant to get at was that perhaps a micro cache should denote the type of cache rather than the size. It appears that the majority of micros are in urban areas and handy for travellers. When I search for a cache within a certain distance of my residence and find an interesting one that is listed as a regular cache, I am expecting a real cache, whereas if it were listed as a micro I would pass it by.

I went on a tear a couple of weeks ago and sent contact@ a list of mis-labelled multi caches. I've stopped doing that now because it's a rather futile endeavour. There's always one or two in the new caches list and I really don't want to be the cache police.

Yeah, I'm quoting myself. Get over it.

Case in point:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...83-71ae0ba1fd91

appeared on the newest in the province list today. Labelled as a traditional but the first sentence reads, "This is an offset cache". Seems to me that adding a checkbox for, "Is the cache type correct?" wouldn't be that difficult.