Entering a GOTO

yankeeboy4

I have a Garmin EMap. To create a waypoint I hold the ENTER button for 2 seconds. I then use the UP/DOWN arrows to go to the name. I press enter and use the UP/DOWN arrows to scroll through the alphapet to create a name. When finished with the name I press ENTER again and use the DOWN arrow to go to the coordinates. I press ENTER and use the UP/DOWN arrows to enter the correct Latitude and Longitude. When finished I press ENTER again. If I want to go to that waypoint I use the UP/DOWN arrows to move to GO TO and press enter. THen follow the arrow.

I am sure the other GPSr units use a similar method.

Happy caching.

quote:
Originally posted by Smitherington:

I have a Garmin EMap. To create a waypoint I hold the ENTER button for 2 seconds. I then use the UP/DOWN arrows to go to the name. I press enter and use the UP/DOWN arrows to scroll through the alphapet to create a name. When finished with the name I press ENTER again and use the DOWN arrow to go to the coordinates. I press ENTER and use the UP/DOWN arrows to enter the correct Latitude and Longitude. When finished I press ENTER again. If I want to go to that waypoint I use the UP/DOWN arrows to move to GO TO and press enter. THen follow the arrow.

Happy caching.

Thanks for the advice. With your help I now can enter the way points[icon_biggrin.gif] Thanks again

quote:
Originally posted by Smitherington:

Happy caching.

That sounds about how you would do it with an Etrex. Anyone know about how it would work on a Mag or Low?

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg