Not Getting Pocket Queries!

pcmike

All of a sudden I'm not getting my pocket queries. I can tell you right now it has nothing to do with me or my mail services (as I run my own mail server). I'm not getting *ANY* mail from *Groundspeak* in relation to my pocket queries, despite the pocket query page saying they are being generated. It's not a matter of filters or something along those lines messing with incoming mail from Groundspeak, as Groundspeak's mail servers ARE NOT even connecting with me to deliever mail. I've sent a support request into Groundspeak, so this post is just to see if anyone else is having an issue with pocket queries.

On a side note, the "Benchmarks" link at http://geocaching.com/my is not working.... here is the error report:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]

Geocaching.UI.my_benchmarks.BuildLogFilters(WptDataSources Datasource) +67

Geocaching.UI.my_benchmarks.Page_UserLoggedIn(Object sender, EventArgs e) +265

Geocaching.UI.WebformBase.IsLoggedIn() +1097

Geocaching.UI.my_benchmarks.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +92

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

Thanks for reading and thanks for any support I may recieve. Appreciate it! :(

The PQ fired off at 7/30/2004 7:49:04 AM today.

Your other 3 fired of yesterday, at

7/31/2004 12:34:58 AM

7/31/2004 4:44:46 AM

and

7/31/2004 6:46:08 AM

If you didn't receive them, we can look at our own mail logs to see if your mail server accepted them or not. Howver, there have been no issues with other people having the same problem you are noticing.

I'll check into the benchmark page.

Jeremy:

After just running a PQ I now know why I'm not getting the mailings. It appears your mail server's IP falls within a range that has made it onto an RBL. More information can be found by looking up your mail server's IP at: http://www.ahbl.org/tools/lookup.php. Might want to request that they remove your mail server from their RBL, because if I'm using it.... I'm sure someone else's mail server is using it as well. Must have just gotten listed recently as well. Oh well, I'll explicitly allow the /24 your mail server falls into. Hopefully all your outgoing mail is sent from the same block? :blink:

There sure are a lot of those RBLs. I've never even heard of that one. It doesn't appear to be very up to date as many of the sites referenced in the /24 block of our mail server aren't active anymore.

In any case, no need to whitelist the whole /24, just our small block: 63.251.163.160/27

:blink: Elias

I'm not receiving my PQ's either. Same problem.

Both your queries that were scheduled for Sunday and today ran and were successfully delivered to your mail provider's server. Let me know if you'd like copies of the log entries to help track down this problem.

:o Elias

Alright, thanks Elias. I was thinking the mail sent from here on behalf of a user might of been some sort of "forwarding" (ie. the mail from would of been the email address of the user who sent it from the page), but I guess you guys know better than to do that! <_< Therefore, SPF was NOT really tested. Thanks for cooperation though. Either way though.. from my other testing SPF appears to be working properly. It's already "helped" a little bit. If anyone else reading this thread is interested in what I'm talking about, visit: http://spf.pobox.com/