Theme Caches

Windrose

Thanks for the answers, I'll email the owners and see if they have an opinion. If I don't hear from them, I guess I'll leave my sig. items and a theme item (or two). That's assuming I find the caches. I don't have a GPS yet so I'm working off topo maps, statelite images & my compass. I've found both caches I've searched for so far, but then I'm only going after the real easy, beginner ones (nearby landmarks, not much tree cover--so the satelite image is good, etc.) at least so far.

"The way of the Wind is a strange, wild way."

[This message was edited by Windrose on August 19, 2002 at 12:47 PM.]

All of our nine caches that we have hidden have somewhat of a theme to them. My wife (Candie) comes up with a cool poem, short theme song, animated picture, or a riddle with each of our caches. As the owner of the caches, we don't care what item you want to trade. Just as long as you think it's a fair trade. So far, all of our caches are doing great. We have lots of activity at our caches and the trading has been great. Every geocacher has traded fair.

(Upinyachit checks our caches regularly) icon_wink.gif

Unless the cache owner clearly states what specific item goes into the cache then the owner of the cache probably won't mind what item was traded.

We just like reading the logs when our caches are found. Thats almost as fun as going on an adventure itself. icon_biggrin.gif

Duane from

Upinyachit

icon_smile.gif

Our feet go where the caches are! feet.gif

Windrose - maybe the answer depends on what your signature item is. Nobody ought to mind a "cache card" saying "Windrose was here", etc. But if your signature item is a large ceramic elephant, and the theme cache is a micro for state quarter trading, that'd be different. :-)

Upinyachit - I looked at the descriptions for your theme caches during my first caching trip up to Rochester (my hometown). They look cool and I will visit some of them on a future trip. Keep placing them! And amen to what you said about reading the logs that others write for your caches, it's a blast!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."