Metro Guide Canada Update ?

jonavin

Anybody know (or educated guess) as to whether there will be a Metro Guide Canada update soon?

I currently have City Select v5 and will probably be upgrading to v6 soon. v5 lacks any coverage in rural areas, but I've notice that in many cases the urban coverage is more up to date and accurate than MetroGuide Canada. Most notably new subdivisions in the GTA are included in City Select but totally missing in Metro Guide... even ones that are 5 years old.

Well, the Canada Metroguide v4 is out now. If you'd like to see what kind of coverage it give, go to the Garmin website and take a look at their online map viewer. It will show you what you'd get with Canada Metroguide v4.

Cheers!

EoGeo

Anybody know (or educated guess) as to whether there will be a Metro Guide Canada update soon?

I currently have City Select v5 and will probably be upgrading to v6 soon. v5 lacks any coverage in rural areas, but I've notice that in many cases the urban coverage is more up to date and accurate than MetroGuide Canada. Most notably new subdivisions in the GTA are included in City Select but totally missing in Metro Guide... even ones that are 5 years old.

Ya I see the same thing occasionally. Its like they robbed Peter to pay Paul. I have the version 4.01 City Select and even it has subdivisions that MG Canada 4 does not. However on the other hand MG 4 really rocks when it comes to rural areas and smalltowns/villages and it autoroutes as well. The latest version of MG in the U.S. does not autoroute so we can considers ourselves lucky to have it.

Cheers, Olar

I'm MGC4 is missing a lot in urban cemtres.... especially new subdivisions. I use my GPS for hiking and caching, but I also use it often for routing in my car. All my friends are buying new homes in places I'm not familiar with. 9 times out of 10, the address are in new subdivisions that appear in CitySelect v5 but not the MetroGuide Canada 4.

I just checked out the map viewer for CitySelect v6 and it includes all the small roads in the rural areas (at least in Ontairo). I've decided to do the upgrade. CitySelect v6 is a big improvement over v5 for coverage in Canada.