etrex yellow/pc connection???

jchristman

I apologize if this question has been previously asked but....I just got my etrex yellow and I'm wondering what I can do with it if I get a pc cable connection??? I went to the manufacturer's site and it really stinks as far as information gathering goes. I guess I'm just wondering what cool stuff I could do if I got the cable.

Thanks.

John

Go to this site and download this program.

You can upload and download waypoints fast and easy. It will change the way you use your GPSr

EasyGPS

It changed me.

icon_biggrin.gif

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

Go to this site and download this program.

You can upload and download waypoints fast and easy. It will change the way you use your GPSr

EasyGPS

It changed me.

icon_biggrin.gif

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

I tried ExpertGPS. I liked it so much I bought a copy. Start with the EasyGPS, then try ExpertGPS when you get the chance.

I can upload and download waypoints, tracks, and routes to GPS<--->Computer. It makes it nice. But more importantly, it lets me map my hike on topo or arial maps. Some of my treks get written up, and turned over to Texas Parks and Wildlife, so the mapping is real nice for that. (see photos of web page ) for ideas. Check out the trail map in the photos. Hope it gives you some ideas. Good luck.

Mike. KD9KC

El Paso, TX.