Recovery Notes As Logs In Gsak?

YeOleImposter

Was wondering for those that use GSAK to keep track of benchmarks - would it cause any kind of problem to have them treated like logs are for geocaching?

Really that is what they are.

Then other programs (noteably CacheMate) could handle benchmarks easier because you would not have these overly long descriptions.

What problems could this create?

Then other programs (noteably CacheMate) could handle benchmarks easier because you would not have these overly long descriptions.

Since I don't use GSAK, I must be missing something. If you don't put those long descriptions into CacheMate, then how do you know the details of what you're looking for?

I do use CacheMate's logs to log my finds and didn't finds, but all the NGS is part of the description. My only task left to do is modify my NGS data sheet trim program to reverse the order of the finds so that if goes over the 8K limit and gets cut off, it's the real old stuff that's been superseded that gets cut off.

Yes, many times the Station Recoveries have a better description of how to find the Benchmark. But sometime GeoCache logs have better descriptions of how to find the cache than the original description too :ph34r:

My thoughts are that the 'Station Description' would be placed in the 'D' 'Description Page' and that the 'Station Recoveries' would be placed in the 'P' 'Post Page?' in cachemate

I like the idea of reversing the logs too. hmmm wonder how hard that would be to automate??

Yes, many times the Station Recoveries have a better description of how to find the Benchmark. But sometime GeoCache logs have better descriptions of how to find the cache than the original description too :laughing:

No disagreement there, but has a way been found to get Geocaching logs? Last I knew you couldn't make GPX files for benchmarking. Even if you could, the main database is several years old. Anyone find a way to combine the two?