Can't We All Just Get Along?

GeoBear18

There has been a rash of unpleasantness in the South Florida Geocaching community lately. I believe most of it has been from people who haven't stopped to consider if the action they are taking is the best and most polite one. However there are those cachers who seem bent on everything going their way.

Let's review some standard caching politeness guidelines that maybe you haven't realized before.

1. Always send an email if you have a questions about a cache, travel bug or contents BEFORE posting a note to the site.

2. If after sending an email you haven't been answered and you decide to post a note to the cache page - make sure you post a NOTE - not a FIND or DID NOT FIND.

3. When posting a NOTE - make sure you are using language and humor appropriate for all cachers - including our younger children. If you aren't sure if it is appropriate - you probably shouldn't be posting it.

When it doubt, remember that this is a family sport and YOU are NOT in charge. Don't insist that others play by your rules, don't name call, don't jump to incorrect assumptions and don't malign anyone's reputation or cache.

Thanks for the attention.

GeoBear18

I guess I am either missing something or the posts have been deleted. I read both geocaching.com and floridacaching.com on a daily basis and cant recall anyone acting up. Geobear....did you try e-mailing the culprit(s) and make them aware of their inappropriate posts?

For the most part I think we have a great group here in South Florida... I have gone caching with alot of people I met at the cache event and even some who I e-mailed to see if they would like to join me....and I think everyone goes overboard to be extra kind and helpfull.

Be good people!!!!!!!!!! <_<

I guess I am either missing something or the posts have been deleted. I read both geocaching.com and floridacaching.com on a daily basis and cant recall anyone acting up. Geobear....did you try e-mailing the culprit(s) and make them aware of their inappropriate posts?

For the most part I think we have a great group here in South Florida... I have gone caching with alot of people I met at the cache event and even some who I e-mailed to see if they would like to join me....and I think everyone goes overboard to be extra kind and helpfull.

Be good people!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I have definately emailed the individuals first. A few recognized that their behavior was inappropriate and corrected the errors. But you always have the bad apples who insist that their warped view of humor - which sane people recognize as disgusting filth - is the ONLY way to go.

We have a great caching community in South Florida. I want it to stay that way and make sure everyone is aware of base decorum.

I have definately emailed the individuals first. A few recognized that their behavior was inappropriate and corrected the errors. But you always have the bad apples who insist that their warped view of humor - which sane people recognize as disgusting filth - is the ONLY way to go.

Ok just for the record I NEVER got that email, spam blocked perhaps ? ;)

Ob