How Long Temporarily Unavailable ... ?

Nudecacher

I had to remove 'The Lilies of the Field' cache (GCJHZC) and post a note making it unavailable because I found out that the location is being commercially logged this summer. Thanks to a note by a cacher, I was touched off to the problem and was able to retrieve the cache and post it as temporarily unavailable.

The cache can be replaced and activated after the logging is completed. If I find out how long that will take and post a note so stating in the next week, is it possible to prevent the cache from being permanently archived before it can be replaced?

The cache with a difficulty of 4/3 had the FTF posted and I've heard from several other cachers who have been working on finding it including a delightful tale about a search by a cacher who met a bear but didn't want to post the DNF to discourage others from trying. Several stated that they want to try again after not finding it the first time.

We have very few difficult caches in our area and I think that it is a definite asset. Besides, the cache is somewhat of a signature cache for Nudecacher. Does anyone have any ideas about how I should handle the cache?

Nudecacher

Post a note/log to the page indicating why it was deactivated and post updates as you get them. If it is obvious that you are keeping tabs on this cache/location it will be okay.

Another option would be to archive the cache and when it is ready to be replaced you can email your friendly local cache reviewer :o and have them unarchive it.

Post a note/log to the page indicating why it was deactivated and post updates as you get them.  If it is obvious that you are keeping tabs on this cache/location it will be okay. 

Another option would be to archive the cache and when it is ready to be replaced you can email your friendly local cache reviewer  :D  and have them unarchive it.

Thanks, will do.

Nudecacher