Cache Hidden By User?

Mechanics Hands

Hi everyone,

I just got my Garmin 60CS and my premium membership. I was wondering if there was a way to search for the caches hidden by one person, but then organize them or list them in a map of just their caches so I can find the ones closest to my home? I keep hearing great things about 9keys caches, but its been tough to search through his 180 hides to find the ones that are closest to my home. I am trying to make the first cache with the 60cs a good one as it will also be our sons first cache and the mrs wants a great scrapbook page.

Thanks for the help.

MH

Not the most elegant: Download the LOC files for his caches (should be 9 pages so 9 files), open them in EasyGPS (copy/paste to one file), enter your home co-ords in file, double click on home to make it the active point, look in the column 'Distance to Active Point' to see which is closest. A little labor intensive. Maybe someone else has an easier/quicker method.

If your a premium member you can run a pocket query for the area where the hides are of the person you want to find. It may require multiple querys depending on how big of an area your trying to get. Take those PQ's and import them into a program like GSAK (geocaching swiss army knife) then you can filter out based on who hid them and sort them by distance to whatever point you pick.

If your not already using GSAK get it and try it, its free, there is so much more that it can do!

Thanks,

I got my premium membership the day I received my 60cs. I also DL'd easyGPS so I'm now in a steep learning curve to learn both my gps, city streets 6, and easy gps. I've been following the GSAK threads some, and it seems like its also alot to it and alot to learn. I still plan on staying with the traditional print out the cache sheets and upload the waypoints into my gps for the caches I want to hit that day. (least for now one step at a time) I tested the gps today for thefirst time, loved it but realized I still had alot to learn about it to get the most out of it.

I appreciate the replies.

MH