Activity Specific Geocaching

hi,

my new wife and i have just caught the geocaching bug after she gave me my first gps as a wedding gift. we went to sedona, az for our honeymoon where we began our searches. what a great place to start. we are both avid cyclist and kayakers and i was looking for info on specific caches that would envolve these activities. are the caches categorized in this way? we live in pennsylvania and travel throughout the east coast. thanks for any help.

the earlybyrds :huh:

Edited by earlybyrds
we are both avid cyclist and kayakers and i was looking for info on specific caches that would envolve these activities. are the caches categorized in this way? we live in pennsylvania and travel throughout the east coast.

There's no special categorization based on that kind of activities. It might pay off to ask about certain type of caches in regional forums. E.g. if you're planning a trip to Georgia and Florida, and know already some places you're going to visit, ask about special caches in the South and Southeast forum.

Look for level 5 terrain. That usually means that specialized equipment is required, often a canoe or kayak. There are also caches out there that are set up with road, or mountain bikers in mind. None of these however are listed in separate categories.

You can do a keyword search for words like "kayak", "hydro", "canoe", "bike", etc... and you might find some that way. Or better yet, go to your regional (Northeast in your case) forum and ask. The people who hang out there are more likely to have specific knowledge of these kinds of caches.