Rino 130

I haven't used the 130, but I just recently purchased two 120's. I already own an eMap and an eTrex Vista. I really like the 120 for the fact that it gives me the ability to stay in touch with my better half. The Rino is a mix of the Legend and Vista in a lot of its' features, plus some extra innovations that are unique to the Rino. I like that pushing the click-stick in for a second will bring up a menu that lets me choose 'find' or 'mark'. On the Vista, that action is just for marking waypoints. I use 'find' 10:1 over 'mark'.

After using the 120 for two months and caching a lot under tree cover, I realize that I really miss the magnetic compass in the Vista. This is one of the added features of the 130. I think that alone is worth the extra cost on at least one units if you are buying more than one. The extra memory on the 130 is nice, but transferring 24MB of map data over a serial connection is tedious at best.

Enjoy!

-E

I also own a 120, and have been pretty pleased with its features. When I geocache I use the 120 as well as a seperate compass. It is a little tedious keeping up with two pieces of equipment. Having the electronic compass was big factor in my decision to upgrade to the 130.

Thanks for the reply.