Changing Waypoint Icons?

So you can change or customize the icons on my unit? I was trying ti use the software but is there something I should have first or an earlier version? I will keep trying but couldn't get mine to work on the computer...let alone my gps. lol

I am using A03

Not sure if this helps or not (from MeridianFAQv2_0.pdf)...

36) Change the Meridian icons.

Do you wish you had geocaching icons? Maybe you don’t have a use for wineries and would like to make a symbol for your favorite brew pub? There is a utility to change the icons stored in the Meridian. In the files section of the Meridian group is a utility called Meridicon. This utility will display and allow you to edit the icons in the Meridian firmware files

Note that you must use the tool with the appropriate CSV file for your firmware version.

Your firmware version doesn’t have a CSV file? The author has also provided a tool that allows you to search a new firmware file and locate the correct addresses for the icons. This tool is called iconfinder.

More detail can be found by downloading these programs from the files section of the Magellan Meridian user’s group.

I used Meridicon a while back...worked GREAT!

Only two little issues....

You have to redo it whenever you switch firmware, and the one thats a pain, is that even tho you can see the new icons great on your GPS, EasyGPS/ExpertGPS as well as Mapsend still see them as the old icons... :blink:

I made two icons for caches...one an open treasure chest, and the other closed, for found/not found caches... :huh:

Have you downloaded and run MagIconFinder yet?

Do that....It should give you a .csv file, that you will need to use with MeridIcon....

I would email the Meridicon author to find ot for sure, but I think the only difference between the different versions that correspond to the different firmware versions, is because the icon addresses get shifted around in memory with the different firmware versions.

Ok, well I am feeling really stupid now. I haven't clue how do get this working. Is there another why to change icons? Or does someone have a little time to explain this to me? I downloaded the Magiconfinder as well as merdicon zip. I don't get how I am supposed to do the file stuff, I'll keep trying though.