What Would You Like To Change On The 60/76 C(s)?

I sent this to Garmin

I hope they fix the errors and implement the new functions?

Is there anything you like to fix/add, write it here and also send a copy to Garmin using this page:

http://www.garmin.com/contactUs/techSupport.jsp

First of all, thanks for a great product :back:

There are some errors in the Norwegian translation of Odometer.

"Trip Odometer" and "Odometer" has been named the same name "Tripteller".  This is confusing.  The correct name is "Trip Odometer" = "Tripterteller"

"Odometer" = "Kilometerteller".  In the resetmenu "Kilometerteller" has been translated to "Trip Data", also wrong, use "Kilometerteller"

In "Menu" "Menu" "Setup" "System" "Text Language" you have written "FRANCAIS" with capital letter, use "Francais"

I would like the ability to use the GPS height when logging data instead of barometric pressure.  This would give me correct altitude in an airplane.

I would be nice to be able to turn of the top menu at the map page to save 18 Pixels!!!

With my old 76S it was possible to have 3 field instead the 60CS only have two.  Even if the display is some smaller, it does not matter, it would be nice to have more than 2 field width.

What about transparent fields? I would be absolutely great!!

Do you read the GPS forum at Groundspeak? Lots of good info for you. http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=11

Example:

transparent.jpg

With my old 76S it was possible to have 3 field instead the 60CS only have two.  Even if the display is some smaller, it does not matter, it would be nice to have more than 2 field width.

Looks like you may have chosen the wrong unit. My 76/cs has a choice on the map page of:

Map only

2 data fields

3 data fields

4 data fields

Also, my Active Log records the altitude. Yours doesn't, if I understood your post.

I've had mine for only 2 weeks, but the one change I would like is to the manual (for future customers) - it should, but does not, mention that the Active Log reports (downloads) Time, Leg Time, and Leg Speed, but the SAVED tracks do not.

Unlike yours, though, mine does not report my "Fart" speed, time, altitude, or loudness! :back:

(Fart, in case you are unfamiliar with the English term means - passing gas. Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke.)

Looks like you may have chosen the wrong unit.  My 76/cs has a choice on the map page of:

Map only

2 data fields

3 data fields

4 data fields

The 60C and 60CS have the same field options on the map page...however, having 4 data fields in use on the map page ends up blocking way too much of the displayed map. I think the best solution here would be for Garmin to offer a different and much smaller font, like that used in the GPS V. The font already exists on the unit...just look at the font being used under an icon that is NOT highlighted (or even the highlighted font...) on the Main Menu. This font would be perfect. I think the idea of having transparent fields is good, but will probably use more code in the firmware. The small font is already there...I wish they would give us the option to choose which to use.

Edited by SergZak

On the subject of data fields I keep my map page displayed with guidance text only for the sake of having as much map showing as possible. What I would like the 76c to do (my "old" GPS V does it) is automatically add 2 data fields to the map page whenever autorouting or a goto off road. That way I can see distance to next, bearing, etc.

The second thing I would like is the option to assign a different color to any saved tracks being displayed so that I can distinguish between my current track and any saved ones that I might be near. Being able to choose a color now is fantastic by the way.

Cheers, Olar

The second thing I would like is the option to assign a different color to any saved tracks being displayed so that I can distinguish between my current track and any saved ones that I might be near. Being able to choose a color now is fantastic by the way.

Hah! Discovered today that saved tracks can be edited to a different color than the active track log.

Strike my request from the wishlist and a tip of the cap to Garmin.

Cheers, Olar