Help , I Need Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a merridian Magellan that by mistake I loaded sportrac pro soft ware on and now all it says is

Unit currently contains no map ! Initiating map upload

I can axcess the code menus but I dont seem to be able to get anywhere .

can anybody help

this unit is a meridian green

Boy do I fell stupid

Emergency Firmware Restoration

Below are the recovery instructions for a dead MAP330 or Meridian. They are written for the MAP330 but they work just as well for the Meridians.

If your MAP330/Meridian is in a "locked up" state (stuck on), power it down by holding down MARK/GOTO and the ESC keys and press ENTER. This will power down the unit.

Power it up in "Software upload mode" by holding down MARK/GOTO and the ESC keys and press POWER. Unit should power up with a "software upload mode active" message.

Run magup.exe, select NO at the dialog box. Click on "Expert" and checkmark "On" for the "Expert Upload" setting (Be sure set the "Unit Type". Use Meridian GPS for the green/yellow or Meridian for the others. With the latest MagUp there is also a Meridian Marine and Meridian Color option) and click "OK"

Select the firmware file by clicking on "File" then "Select Code File". The firmware file should have a name like MGPS402.HEX or MGOLD406.HEX.

Click on "Upload" and click "OK". Checkmark "Program Code Only". Check "Upload File".

You may be able to recover your unit back without sending it in. Make sure you put fresh batteries in before trying the above.

If the above fails, try inserting step 1b between steps 1 and 2 as follows:

Erase the base map by Press NAV and GOTO simultaneously while switching on the Meridian. A small rectangle appears, put in the number 95 (using the cursor keys) and press ENTER. Select Yes and press ENTER. This will delete the basemap! The unit will also switch off automatically.

Taken from Robert Lipe's Meridian FAQ page

ok

That may have fixed it but I was trying again to load some software and while it said erasing the cable came off my lap top and now it wont power up !!

It went from a screw up to worse !!!!!

now what do I try???

Edited by smokin54

I think the same instructions would apply. I take it you can no longer power up in the softwre upload mode? How about hidden menus mode?

Might have to send it in to Magellan. If you end up having to do that, call...don't email. They aren't always so good responding to email.