Logging Travel Bugs

Z_Statman

Use the name of the travel bug in logs. Don't state the number. The reason for this is that there are a few people out there who seek out TB numbers and then use those to mess with the bug. For the same reason, be careful when posting pictures of travel bugs to be sure the number does not show. I always make sure the tag is turned to the back when I take a picture. It can also be blurred out in a program such as photoshop.

I don't think you were asking for instructions on this, but just in case you were: To actually log the bug, use the track travel bugs link from the front page and use the number to find the bug and log it. It will then be in your posession. When you place it in a cache, use the pull down menu at the bottom of the page to drop it off.

Edited by carleenp

I wouldn't put the tag number anywhere, online or in the log book. If you look on the travel bug's page, you'll notice there is a second number, you can use if you wish to reference the bug by number. It looks like TBxxxx. Entering that number in the "seach" box for travel bugs, will take you to the bug's page, just like the "secret number" will, but it won't allow people to make fake logs on the bug.