Make This Page Print-friendly (0, 5, 10 Logs)

lowracer

Right now on the listing page for a cache, there's a link to:

Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

Then if you want five logs, you have to do another click to get that page. How about making a link from the listing page that says:

Make this page print-friendly. Show [Zero] [Five] [Ten] logs.

Where [Zero] is a link to the friendly page with no logs, [Five] is a link to the friendly page with five logs, etc.

OK it's not a big deal, it just saves me a click and a wait for the page to reload. I always want to see five logs, and it would be great if I could just click once to see that rather than loading the page with no logs and then having to click again.

The last time I used my HTML skills was in 1994 (the year they invented HTML) and I could code that in about thirty seconds, so it can't be a big deal to whip it up using the newfangled technology you guys have at hand there behind the scenes.

:blink:

What say ye?

You can do this now if you would like. There's no link, but, if you look on the address line in your browser you'll see this option "&numlogs=5" - just change the number from 5 to 10 or 15, click on the "Go" button (assuming you're using internet explorer) and you'll have the print friendly version with the number of logs requested.

Just don't let anyone else know you can do this, ok :blink:

Zack

What say ye?

I'd like to see the multiple choice option also.

For a long time I didn't use "printer friendly" because I wanted to see logs (and it clearly said I wouldn't see any.)

But now that I know the first click takes me to the second option of 5 logs, I do the double-click.

I don't mind searching 60 minutes for a cache, but I'd prefer to save a click if I can. :)

FWIW, you can also add a Y to the end of the address and have it print the hint decrypted...

I usually copy the shortcut and put it in the address bar since I don't want it opening a new window at the same time. I agree, though, that for those who do carry paper copies in the field, this would be a nice option.