Etrex Problem (?)

My map76 seems to do the same thing, especially if I switch battery types.

Thats odd... I'm thinking it might have something to do with some kind of a temporary charge built-in to the unit to give you time to change batteries. Maybe its only like 5 minutes long or something... I did leave the batteries out for about that long too.

Not really sure though. :(

Plug the GPS into External Power, then turn off the GPS, and leave it plugged in for a couple days. I think a built-in battery is depleted, this battery also runs the clock while turned off. Radio Shack sells a big fat adaptor with a cigarette adaptor socket in it, for using your GPS power cable indoors. You may notice a difference after it has been plugged in for 2-3 days.

Radio Shack 22-505

22-505.jpg

One thing im doing right now, is Recharging my AA batteries, while my GPS is plugged into external power without any batteries, and turned off. I think this is good for the built in battery. In the GPS V, is a very wide Lithium battery soldered in place. The AA batteries might not help the built-in battery keep a charge, especially if the AA's are allowed to run low alot. Probably better to keep AA batteries relatively topped off.

Edited by GOT GPS?