60 Cs, Easy Gps, Usb Drivers??

I've downloaded geocache sites with EasyGPS to a new 60cs. When I try to continue to download it's now saying I need to download USB drivers. Why did it work before and do I really need to download drivers? I can't tell from the Garmin site and the documentation doesn't cover it. Thanks for any help.....

Do you have the latest version of EasyGPS? It know has USB capabilities that the older versions did not. Check it out at their website to see if you have the latest. You should not have to download any drivers.

Cheers, Olar

Did the 60C come with the Drivers? I bought the Metroguide Maps at the same time and it installed the USB drivers, but I can't recall if the 60C had it's own drivers....

The drivers are on the CD that comes with the 60CS. I don't have any map software (except Topo!), so I installed the program on it. It supposedly installed the USB driver, but when I tried to use EasyGPS to send waypints, it said the drivers weren't installed. I use XP BTW. I went to Control Panel-Add Hardware, and told it to look on the CD. The driver was found and installed. No more errors, works fine. Lots faster than serial too. It's so fast if you blink, you miss it. Hope that helps.

Centex Trekker - I had previously installed the CD that came with the 60 cs....but I went ahead & reinstalled it because it made a lot of sense. I have EasyGPS set us to work with the 60cs with the USB port checked. I've even tried the "test serial connection" on Casy GPS...the computer & software both detect the 60 cs. But I still can't get more than the 50 geocaches I previously loaded to download. Are there some other setting I could have accidentally changed that are preventing further downloads? Thanks for your suggestion.... :(

It is probably a problem with the way that windows xp is seeing the gps. I would go into control panels and go to the system control panel, then click over to the hardware tab and click on device manager.

In the device manager locate the garmin gps usb device and delete / uninstall it. Then downloaded the latest drivers from garmins site and extract them onto your hard drive.

With the gps plugged in the next time that you reboot or run the add new hardware control panel it will have you reinstall the driver. Point your driver install to where you extracted the usb drivers from garmin.

Once you have done that then reboot the machine one more time just for good measure. Easygps should be set to a garmin 60cs (obviously) and make sure that the usb option is enabled.

Then try and do the send and receive again. If easygps will allow you to send back and forth to the gps then the drivers are working fine. If it will still only allow you to send < 50 then it maybe another setting. If it will send back and forth at all then it is not a driver problem.

kgag.