Magellan: To Waas Or Not To Waas?

I have a MeriPlat and have been toying around with the idea of turning off WAAS. I've heard a limited amount of good and bad things about doing this. I suspect a lot has to do with the quality of WAAS reception in a given area, but I'll ask anyway. Has turning off the WAAS reception improved the quality of your geocaching experience?

Most everyone that I've heard of that's seen their unit "improve" by disabling WAAS was using old Garmins. For a while, it was even Garmin's recommendation to do it, but since they fixed the firmware, I think it's become a wives tale.

I have yet to see anything in my own experience or from an authoritative source that shows that disabling WAAS in current Magellans is a good idea.

My MeriPlat worked great without the WAAS, I knew that WAAS could make the unit sluggish so I kept it off, also the GPS worked perfect with it's Electronic Compass, and no slingshot effect from it's autoaveraging. ITS BEST TO KEEP THAT OFF, unless you are in a boat or flying a plane.