Gpsmap 60c Geocaching Setup

HI!

I've got a new gpsmap 60c and am excited to find my first cache. I am having problems getting cache's downloaded to the unit. I get the .loc file into EasyGPS and onto the unit fine, but I cannot get the unit to recognize it as a 'geocache' in the spiffy geocaching mode.

*I know I don't need to use this mode to find stuff*

But i got it and i want it to work! Anybody out there with a 60c wanna tell me what painfully obvious thing i'm doing wrong? I've read the manual, no dice!

thanks!

(I don't have the manual with me, but I believe this is how it works) The caches that you download will need to have the 'geocaching' icon assigned to it in order for the unit to recognize it as a cache. I do believe that you can go into the Geocaching set up screen and designate another icon (preferrably the icon you assigned to the points you downloaded) as a geocache.

Then, when you hit the Find button, select Geocache, you will only see those points that have been saved/created with an icon that the unit recognizes as a cache. Do this, and you should be ready to go :huh:

Assign the geocache waypoint the closed treasure box icon which is in the geocache setup page. This will move the waypoint to the geocache page which you have in the "find" menu. And finally when you are ready to hunt for a cache make sure that the autorouting is set for off-road not follow road or the unit will not activate the right settings. Hope this helps.

I to just got my 60cs on the 28th :-) My question is how do you download the way points into the geocaching page only? Im using easygps to download my way points, But it seems that when you download waypoints it goes to the waypoint page great. Once I change the Icon for geocaching they show up on the geocahcing page as well. Now I have the waypoints on two different pages. If you try to delet the waypoints they delet on both pages WHY!!!!! Can't you just download to the geocaching page only? Does anybody out there know the little trick that IM over looking? Thank for all the support.