Changing Regular Caches To Virts

Yellow Alligator

IIRC, the changing of traditional caches to virts is why the admins took away the ability to change ANY cache types. There are adamant people out there who are real obsessed with their finds, and that they don't like virts. If you change your traditional to a virt, all of the sudden it looks like they found a virt, when they found a traditional cache.

Also, it sounds like virts and getting harder and harder to get approved. I would suspect that if a traditional cache were placed there, they admins wouldn't want to have a virt slip through the system in this method.

E-mail the local admin, but I doubt you'll have any luck with this change. :)

You should be able to change your cache type. As I understand it you will need to get it re-approved.

Why you might want to do this is if the traditional is no longer viable and yet the location is worthy of a cache. If the cache already has visits why have people come back to find essientially the same thing? Submitting a new cache does the same job, your locals will end up re-visiting the cache.

Edit: A reason why: Clay Caves II

Edited by Renegade Knight
Im sorry but just so there is no confusion:

Jeremy Posted: May 16 2004, 10:47 AM 

No. You can archive your traditional cache and try to submit a virtual cache on its own, however. 

Given that people thought it was abunch of crap for me to post a new cache located 300' over from a new one due to plunder, it stands to reason that the idea of a virtual in place of a traditional in the same spot is a viable idea. This site can do what it chooses as it always does.