Garmin Geko 101 Gps Accurate?

Just as close as with any other garmin in the same category. A geko 101 is just as accurate as a Etrex or a 201 or a legend. Actually, I liked my geko 101 more than my 201. It seemed more responsive.

I've failed my 101. It's never failed me.

I've got a Legend and my Girlfriend has the 101, and since we cache together, I can tell you that her 101 is every bit as acurate as my legend.

Also an interesting thing is that hers locks into sats way faster than mine. Must have something to do with mine having WAAS turned on?

Ohgr

A note about WAAS (since I failed to mention it).

A number of cachers will leave WAAS turned off for a number of reasons. In my case, I leave WAAS off on the 201 simply because it decreases my accuracy.

Perhaps if I lived near the reference point for the sattelite, I would feel differently, but out here in the middle of the country it's about as accurate as figuring out where you are by someone on the coastline saying "well, my GPS is off by 6 feet WNW, so adjust yours by 6 feet WNW and you'll be right on".