Mapsend Direct Route Software Problems

I recently purchased the Direct Route software from Mapsend for my Magellan Platinum version. I upgraded the gps software to the latest version 5.2 which was a requirement to use this new street route plotting software. I did manage to upload my local region (Iowa) to my 128 meg SD card through a USB reader but I've been having a lot of trouble with the software bombing out halfway through the map creation process. The problem isn't because I'm trying to create a region larger than 64 meg by the way.

Since I was having so much trouble with it, I decided rather than go straight to the SD card from the program, I would create several regions and save the image files to my hard drive. This worked pretty well....or so I thought. I created an image for Missouri and Minnesota and then tried to upload them to my SD card direct from my hard drive. When I finished and went to the database menu on my gps, the only region I had was Missouri. No Minnesota and Iowa disappeared.

I'm getting frustrated here. Is there anyone who's had some experience with this software that could give me some tips on creating regions on my hard drive and then uploading them to an SD card successfully?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Hawkfan

See if it works that you keep each mapset down around 16 megs, and see if the Platinum recognizes that size in the states your having trouble with.

The directions say regions can be up to 64 meg. Is there some reason you are suggesting smaller sizes? 16 meg isn't going to be very big regions even by midwestern state standards. Curious where you are getting this idea from...

Hawkfan

See if it works that you keep each mapset down around 16 megs, and see if the Platinum recognizes that size in the states your having trouble with.

The directions say regions can be up to 64 meg. Is there some reason you are suggesting smaller sizes? 16 meg isn't going to be very big regions even by midwestern state standards. Curious where you are getting this idea from...

Hawkfan

That was an issue with the older TOPO and Streets/Destinations software...it shouldn't be an issue with DirectRoute.

[snip]

Since I was having so much trouble with it, I decided rather than go straight to the SD card from the program, I would create several regions and save the image files to my hard drive. This worked pretty well....or so I thought. I created an image for Missouri and Minnesota and then tried to upload them to my SD card direct from my hard drive. When I finished and went to the database menu on my gps, the only region I had was Missouri. No Minnesota and Iowa disappeared.

I'm getting frustrated here. Is there anyone who's had some experience with this software that could give me some tips on creating regions on my hard drive and then uploading them to an SD card successfully?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Hawkfan

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1

You mention that you "went to the database menu" on the GPS, and it

only showed one region.

That would be normal--with Direct Route (unlike earlier mapsend

products) only one region can be active at a time. This is apparently

because DR can only generate routes within the same region.

You would need to go to the "Card Utilities" Menu, and select "Change

Maps" then select the "Detail Map" field to switch to the other state

regions.

If you want to route among all three states, you'd need to get them

into a single region.

Hope that helps,

John

Team Shredded Bark

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: PGP 8.0.2

iQA/AwUBQKJgQkcrpacku1SeEQLlIwCgsmHJea+PmoFVdkM+1XtAiCfSsiYAoPLL

jmC/20aBOSA95W2IFsMNJQJY