Tb Hotels - Atlanta Metro

drat19

Going to be heading up to Atlanta metro next weekend. Won't have much time for caching (family event - quick visit and leave), but I have a pile of 6 TBs I wouldn't mind dropping off for some mileage and to contribute to the Atlanta-area geo-ecosystem. :mad:

I've already seen the listing for the South North Georgia TB Hotel - unfortunately, we won't be up anywhere near Gwinnett. We'll be driving in via I-85 from the South, then either around I-285, or thru downtown, to GA 400, up to Cumming.

Can anyone give me scouting reports for any good (and relatively quick) TB Hotels along my route? Near Hartsfield is a definite possibility I can get to along my route, as well as anywhere along GA 400 heading north.

Thanks!

-Dave R., Biloxi, MS

Edited by drat19

There really are no TBug hotels going up the way your going. There is one on the NW side of town too, but it has limited hours because of where it is. There are some good sized caches along the way you are going. Most are outside (north) of I-285. The one below is an ammo box and is not too far off of 400, around a 5 - 10 minute drive from the Abernathy exit. There are some micros around there too for some extra finds. Not all of them are easy ones though. The Present in Nature cache is not too hard though. There can be muggles around at times though.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=83364

Good luck and have fun in Atlanta.

Edited by mtn-man